Saturday, June 2, 2012

Random Saturday Crafts

So I've spent way too much time lately on StumbleUpon.  Like way too much time.  I think I'm slightly addicted. And to add to the madness, I'm now adding (on a daily basis) to the list of crafts I want to attempt.  Here's of collection of what I've come across in just the last few days.......


SOAP!
 


Directions for these beautiful solid bath sugar scrub cubes can be found at www.teachsoap.com along with a ton of recipes for making soap, bath fizzies, lip balms and lotions.  Awesome website......looks like tons of fun.


DOILY LAMPS

 


I grew up really poor.  Unfortunately, like my mom, I've always had this desire to make things (usually crap, but every once in a while I do pretty well), so when I was about eight or so, I discovered paper mache.....the perfect craft for the poor kid who wants to make something all of the time.  This Doily Lamp by More Design Please takes the idea of paper mache and turns it into something beautiful with very little effort.  Gone are the hours of sanding and panting.....this doily lamp is pretty much good to go from the moment it dries.....no painting skills or patience necessary.




PAPER FLOWERS

 

Flowerless weddings seem to be all the rage these days.....what better way to avoid the allergies and expensive of real flowers by substituting with paper flowers?  In the past when someone mentioned "paper flowers" I instantly cringed....thoughts of tissue paper in bright colors filled my head, but Find Inspiration's take on paper flowers is both beautiful and elegant.  With a bit of time and patience, these beautiful flowers can cheaply replace some or all of the floral arrangements in your wedding.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment