Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Scariest Card of All

I was minding my own business, laying out the cards for a client when it appeared.......that pesky card that plagues Tarot card readers world over. 

Death..........my personal nemesis as a card reader. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the imagery of the Tarot, I love the symbolism, but it oftentimes comes off as far too melodramatic.  I cringed as I set the card down.  This reading, unfortunately, wasn't for a client in front of me, but rather some poor soul  who would be opening an email from me and see it staring at them in all of its melodramatic glory.  I wouldn't be there to reassure them, "It's not really Death!  I swear!"

But it is, (at least when it's you're reading) and all you can think about is: my future says death.  Guh.  Despite what Hollywood would have us believe, Tarot Card readers (at least legitimate ones) don't normally go around predicting their clients' deaths.  The card Death, like all cards in the deck, is symbolic.....it asks us to be ready for change.  Big change.  Life altering change.  Death, after all, is the greatest change a living person will ever go through.  When Death appears in your reading, the cards are giving you a heads up.....change is coming.....life as you know it will never be the same again.

In the case of my client,  Death was actually a very promising card.....her financially life had been really difficult up to this point.  The change that the Death card promised forecasted a promising financial future.  I can only hope she took my explanation to heart.  I cringe to think she stopped reading at the word death.

No comments:

Post a Comment