Wednesday, December 4, 2013

How does an Email Tarot Reading Work?

1.  Once I receive an order from a client I review all of the information I am given carefully.  A lot of people feel that if they give too much information they won't receive a "true" reading.  And while that may be the case for some readers, I find that any random details people want to give me help me in designing a spread that is better suited to their particular situation.  For example, two people may come to me for a pregnancy reading, but a woman who has had trouble conceiving is going to need a different set of questions answered than a woman who is trying to spread out conceiving for the benefit of her career or due to finances.  I will know none of the particulars of her situation unless she tells me.

2.  Once I have a spread picked out, I begin to set up for a reading.  This generally involves clearing my mind so that my own thoughts don't affect the cards or my interpretation of them.  If you ever read for yourself, you'll find this incredibly important as Tarot Cards often become "wishful thinking cards," mirroring your hopes and dreams as opposed to reality if you can't do it with a somewhat calm approach.  I'll also light candles and set out my cloth.

3.  Next I shuffle the cards and lay out the spread.  Once I've photographed it, I write down the basics--card, position and the question associated with that position.

4.  Finally I sit to down to work on the reading itself.  The wonderful thing about the time I have to do these readings is that I have the time to really think about the connections between the cards and how this may affect my client's situation.  There have been many times in a personal one-on-one reading that I overlook something or don't make an important connection.  Rarely does that happen in an email reading.

5.  The reading is written up, converted to a PDF and sent to the client.  The client can then read it at her/his leisure and go back to it whenever she wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment